Thursday, April 5, 2012

Days 7 & 8

I feel full of energy and happy when I am having my shakes, drinking my stuff and following my plan.  I could tell the difference from when I ate junky on Tuesday.  I could really tell.  I get more stuff done and feel better. 

So yesterday, I made the return to the peach/vanilla combo and I have one detail to add... DO NOT GO OVER 12 OZ OF WATER when making your shake.  Aim for 10/11 ounces because if you aim for 12 and go over, its a watery drink... still ok, but I really noticed a difference.  And maybe its the peaches too, more water in frozen peaches.  I cut down today and it was super yummy.  Yesterday I had the choco/banana combo, but I was in such a hurry yesterday morning (first day on full-time job) that I didn't have it until mid-day after running errands like crazy and coming in the house starving and eating 2 oatmeal cookies.  I think 2, but it could have been three.  So that was a meal, shakes for the other 2 meals and some chewys thrown in too.  Today, I limited my computer time in the morning taking the time to make all 3 morning drinks (fizzy, tea and shake) even though I had to take some on the road with me to get them consumed and I felt much better and didn't snack on the rest of the oatmeal cookies at midday.  Midday shake was vanilla and blackberries.  Slight teeth issues, but at home a quick brush takes care of it and anyway it wasn't nearly as bad as the blueberries.  But it was a SUPER YUM!

Swim meets always present a challenge.  It just lends itself to snacking.  Or eating out.  Or both.  And that's what I have this afternoon moving into the evening.  So I am hoping another shake will stave off the snacking and a salad for dinner when I get home from the meet.  Hmmm, how to make that salad more appetizing... maybe I'll get it from Chick-fil-A since that's what the folks at home are eating.  Then I don't have to fix it, I can use my light dressing and grilled chicken.  Not a bad idea if I do say so myself.  And yeah, I know that prepping fresh veggies and taking them with me would also work, but I have none in the house.  And I am trying to be realistic in my lifestyle change.  That's just not who I am OR who I am yet. 

I am still shaking my head at how much better I feel when I feed my body good stuff. 

Evening came, morning came:  the seventh day.
Evening came, morning came: the eighth day.

No comments:

Post a Comment