Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 9

I actually ran out of time before going to the swim meet on Thursday and didn't make my shake, but I did take a chew.  And lots of water.  I ate a few goldfish, before the chew, but that was it.  And I got my chicken salad at Chick-fil-A and can I say that it was the first time I'd ever had the grilled chicken and I like it BETTER than the chicken strips.  Honestly, didn't think those words would ever leave my mouth.  My body is craving HEALTHY FOOD.  I cannot remember that ever happening before when I've dieted or watched what I was eating.  I tend to be food obsessed with what I cannot have and then overdo it.  But these shakes are feeding my body healthy stuff and my body LIKES IT!

Yesterday (day 9), was a fasting day for me for religious reasons and I did really well.  I had my morning tea and vitamin followed by the fizzy.  I waited until "lunchtime" and had a chocolate-banana shake and drank lots of water.  I broke a bad habit yesterday which should be celebrated... whenever I go to pick-up/drop off my son at college, I get a veggie bagel sandwich from Brueggers.  I love it.  But let's be real, just cause it is a veggie sandwich doesn't mean it is healthy.  I had a small dinner of pasta (really, I went back for seconds and gave most of it away before I sat back down) and a big bowl of salad.  I also managed to run to the gym for a work-out - I miss that when I don't get there... that's a new thing for me just since January.

Evening came, morning came:  the ninth day.

No comments:

Post a Comment