Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 27

I've imploded.  That up on the scale has me in a funk. And I was tired from those early morning work-outs.  By last night, after a long day and even longer swim meet, I supported a local team fundraiser at Panda Express and tried the Angus Steak that I've seen a gazillion commercials for AND that I read about in my Hungry Girl email.  Not so great.  Supporting the team... very great. My kids thrilled that I took them out.  Actually, didn't get to eat it because it was off to a meet & greet.  I caved.  Long day.  Bad weigh-in (I know I should be focused on the overall improvement, but last night it was a bad scale day).  Tired.  What?  Do I want a cup of Sangria... WHY YES I DO!  And some healthy guacamole.  And healthy coconut covered marshmallow s'mores.  Then home when I tried the less than impressive dish (I secretly think it was better but my husband picked out the best parts) and dumped it without finishing it.

Today was a new day!  An oversleep day as I wasn't up for hitting the gym so early.  A hit the ground running a bit behind day.  Tea, check.  Vitamin, check.  Fizzy drink in cold water (no time to do the warm and mix... if you wait long enough it dissolves), check.  I did think about adding it to the tea.  Not that inspired to do that this morning.  But, I ran out of time to make a shake.  Fortunately, last week the Arbonne Fairy, Jen, gave me a sample:  Vanilla Ready-to-Drink Protien Shake.  I grabbed and headed out to the door.  At some stop light somewhere, I shook it up, stuck the straw in and tasted... hesitantly.  Hmmm, try again.  Once more to confirm.  Yes, it tastes REALLY GOOD!  I mean, WOW!  You had me at hello, WOW!  Totally getting some of that when I reorder.  She gave me vanilla to try and I'm not really a vanilla girl, but I really did like it.  So much better than ANYTHING else I've tasted... better than S*&% Fast or Carnation or many of the yogurt shakes I've tried (find them too sweet for my taste).  Okay, not getting paid so let me tell you the only downside... light on fiber and only 11 oz.  Now I know my shake seems like way more than 11 oz.  EASY SOLUTION:  Grab a piece of fruit to eat along with it as you sprint out the door.  A banana, an apple (even better), some grapes or an orange.  That would add fiber and staying power. 

Rest of the day, less impressive.  Hit the drive through, BUT didn't super-size my Sonic lunch.  Really enjoyed my diet Dr. Pepper, but the caffiene continues to keep my tired self up.  Hence the 11 pm posting.  Minestrone soup was good.  Unfortunately, so was the garlic bread.  And the beer made a great bedtime snack only it has failed to counter the caffiene high. 

Nothing tastes as good as being thin (and healthy) feels.  My mantra.  If you want to say it to yourself through the day and send the positive thoughts this way, feel free!

Evening came, morning came:  the twenty-seventh day.

No comments:

Post a Comment