Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 26...

Okay.  Weigh-in puts me the wrong direction.  Up 1.1 pounds.  And I know why.  I wasn't deliberately being deceptive... honestly.  But last week, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat nights I had a bedtime snack... a piece of chocolate chip peanut butter pie.  It would start out as a small piece.  Then, I'd have a second small piece.  And a third.  Or then sometimes that would be enough (I think Wed night only cause I'd already junked out).  But then sometimes I'd just cut a normal piece.  AHHHHH!  Nothing like shooting yourself in the foot.  I didn't have it Sunday night because I finished it off as a mid-morning snack after the Poptart breakfast.  And really, I thought about trying to weigh in tomorrow and hope for better luck, but I cannot deceive myself!  I also thought... I shouldn't have been bragging on my success last night at dinner.  But there were the comments about no drink and no big bowl of pasta that I needed to address.  Or wanted to address and share my success.

So, time to refocus... right?  Or time to make cheesy eggs and a BLT for breakfast.  Upside... only 1 egg and 1 BLT on whole grain bread (with no L, no T, just mayo, but only a little).  Drank my fizzy.  Forgot to make tea (drinking it now).  Forgot to take vitamin (took it with the tea I am drinking now).  Upside... 5 miles at the gym at crack of dawn... two mornings in a row of getting up at 5:15 to go work-out.  I am telling you, people do not know who I am cause getting out of bed to WORK OUT is not me.  Then, I pulled the wagon on a mile long walk so bonus work out time.  Made a mango berry blend shake for lunch.  Packed chewy for a snack at the swim meet.  May or may not have a shake for dinner... might just eat the sausage minestrone soup filled with yummy veggies (and tortellini) for dinner.   I do know this... I am doing another 30 days when this is done.  I just feel so much better.  And though this week was a step backward, I know what I did wrong.  I was good out for dinner, just screwed up at home with that d@#* chocolate-chip peanut butter pie.  And I was good even last night... crab cake appetizer for my dinner, a slice of bread, a side salad, couple of forkfuls of dessert and no sangria.  Focus on the good... leave the bad behind...

Evening came, morning came:  the twenty-sixth day.

No comments:

Post a Comment