Monday, April 9, 2012

Day 12

I am a bit all over the place today so good luck with keeping up.  I am revising the post already and it's not even finished, but I am hoping to follow one train of thought at a time. 

It's time to recommit.  I am amazing about the morning tea, vitamin and morning fizzy.  I've got the shake making down to a science and picked up some new flavors to keep the interest alive.  I am now going to go back to the instructions and try to stay away from some of the items on the list (other than coffee and alcohol).  I am committed to adding one more thing to avoid.  I'll let you know tomorrow what it is.  I realize that if I want to really be successful, I need to be more committed.  It's growth.  Sometimes I am slow, but slow and steady win!

This morning I participated in my Bible Study brunch to celebrate the end of our session, but no seconds for me.  Also, I didn't try to please everyone by taking some of everything.  That's an awful habit that I have as a people pleaser.  And I am not sure that I would have realized that I do that at potlucks and such if I wasn't on this 30 day challenge.  I think back to the last brunch we had and I remember how I made more than one trip to the table and how I tried to take some of everyone's so that no one's feelings would be hurt.  But that is not GOOD FOR ME!  This 30 day challenge is teaching me some really great things about myself.  1) My body feels good when I am feeding it healthy stuff!  2)  I am an eater of convenience; if I am busy, I don't miss food.  3) I try to please people at potlucks when I should only be concerned with pleasing myself.   4) I don't have to drop my son at school (or pick him up) and have a Bagel sandwich; I am dumping that habit!  I do find it fascinating that I have had such an epiphany on this, my 12th day. 

Evening came, morning came: the twelfth day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment