Friday, June 7, 2013

One step up, one step back...

So I was all fired up for the team challenge to start on Thursday.  Nope, starts tomorrow.  Combine that little bit of disappointment with a late wake up and you've got a girl with no breakfast, in the Sonic Drive-thru line for lunch.  Full disclosure - no coffee, no soda.  7 tater tots, cheeseburger with no mayo.  And two thin mint cookies for dessert.

The healthy crockpot chicken and potato recipe looked, well, gross.  Also, I started it late.  Instead, I let the chicken finish cooking and will make chicken salad for the dudes and for dinner we had italian sausage in red sauce over pasta.  At least I kept it to one plate!

I didn't want to go to the gym, but I did!  We used the treadmill for the first time in over a year and we started our 5K training session.  We may try to push our completion date to late July to do one in the dark, which of course sounds like crazy fun!

Recovery after workout was coconut milk.  So not a great day, but not awful.  Tomorrow the team challenge starts. 4 pages!  It addresses the whole body:  diet, exercise, prayer and self-affirmation.  I am really excited to give this a try.  And a bit nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment