Sunday, June 9, 2013

Challenge Day 3 (Sunday)

I am rocking the water today and the fruits and the veggies!  Today we were supposed to do burpees.  I tried.  I did.  My teen boy talked me through some tonight after I did my 5K training and about 10 push-ups.  10 might be generous.  There, I got up and did some more.  Only they aren't "real" push-ups.  They are more like planks against a wall, but that's the best I can do.  And I can only do about 10.  Growth... we're looking for growth.  And I'm working on crunches so total to come on that tomorrow.  But burpees are AWFUL!  Now I understand why my little guy abhors dry land workout prior to swimming.  I don't like it either.

Okay, spiritual reading to come at bedtime, but here's where I am with the poem -

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves who are we to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be.  You are a Child of God."

Before I can add more, I really got to get this part down.

I am affirming to be disciplined in my health so I can continue to be the 

MOM/Wife/Daughter/Sister/Cousin for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment