Monday, June 3, 2013

It Starts...

I'm not sure what I've started, but something leading me to a healthier lifestyle.  Something that has me losing the weight I lost last year (in all fairness, it took a year to put it back on again after losing it in about 8 weeks!) and getting fit again (I couldn't figure out how to keep the exercising thing up last summer and fall).

Sad story... this time last year, I had committed to exercising and was able to play and chase my son around the pool for longer than 5 minutes.

Goal:  increase time I can chase and play

More sad story... this time last year I bought two new swim suits.  Now they are tight.  UGH.

Goal:  lose the weight to make them comfortable.

Mostly I care about these because they are interrelated.  And they seem achievable.  And that is what I need to reach for... achievable goals leading me to a healthier lifestyle.

So, what I have begun has a friend and her spouse on the same journey.  It might be the 30 day weight loss challenge of last year, just not sure.  And as of Wednesday we're on a TEAM!  The TEAM thing is 14 days.

So here I am... on a new journey.  And this is what I know... the non-veggie eating child of mine will not be home this summer, so everyone in the house will be able to eat my healthier dinner versions.  Like last night, salad, grilled chicken, green beans and fruit.  MMMMMMM!

Now to the gym...

No comments:

Post a Comment