Tuesday, June 4, 2013

After all... tomorrow is another day.

Yes, that is what I am telling myself today.  And what I told myself last night.

I am an emotional eater.  So when my boy has a breakdown, so do I which is what happened last night.  That included a glass of wine. And a small bowl of pasta with red sauce and cheese.  And a handfull of M&M's.

I had done so great with a shake for breakfast, a fizzy drink, a bar with a big glass of water for lunch, a banana and grilled chicken with sauteed asparagus and onions for dinner.  It was fabulous.  I was proud.  Then I was anxious and sad and upset.  Then I had wine, pasta and chocolate.  And a lousy night's sleep.

This morning there were fresh bagels on the counter, so I had one with coffee.  Then I took the boys out for Bun for lunch.  Mostly because I figured, I'd already messed up, so why not just roll with it.  However, for dinner I'm planning grilled flank steak and salad.  Mmmmm!  But tomorrow, I am getting up, working out and eating like I care about my health.  Cause I do.

I'll tackle that emotional eating another day.

I do so love my Scarlett O'Hara quote:  After all... tomorrow is another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment