Thursday, June 20, 2013

Challenge Day 12 (Thursday)

Ya know how I knew it was day 12?  I only had 2 more Cleanse packets in my box after I took out today's dose.  It made me happy.

We mixed it up today with a water workout... my legs are dying from the 5K intense training, so a water workout made sense.  I had poor planning today with running here, there and everywhere, but I still managed to get in my veggies by making spaghetti squash with homemade marinara for dinner and a little grilled chicken thrown in for protein.  I had forgotten how easy and quick it really is to make spaghetti squash!  I have another really good recipe that I'll have to pull out and use with the other half.  YUMMY!

Today's affirmation gave me pause... how brave and unfearful you are.  Brave isn't really an attribute I would normally list, however, as I think back over the years, I have had to be brave for my children.  I am brave when I get my flu shot first so that they will line up behind me and get theirs.  I am brave when I hold Rosie the Tarantula at the Butterfly Pavilion because in inspires my children that it is okay to hold creepy spiders.  I am brave when my children need school support and aren't getting it... I teach them to advocate for themselves by modeling appropriate behaviors in asking for the help they need and deserve.  I have horrible nightmares about horrible things happening to my children, but I don't tell them.  I keep the fears to myself and allow them to go out into the world to learn and be and grow.  I suffer from mental illness, but I don't keep it in the closet; I share my tale to help others and to model for my children that to face our weaknesses is a strength.

I am brave and un-fearful because I am a MOTHER and in everything I do for my children, I am bravely teaching them to be brave.


No comments:

Post a Comment