Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Challenge Day 4 (Monday)

So, I am doing this challenge to get healthy and hopefully lose some weight that make these old bones of mine creak with effort.  There are some exercises I find painful (see crunches) and others that my body will not let me do (think lunges... knees are just so out of whack from years of soccer and too much weight).

I can swim laps... actually I kick them.  Check.  I also helped my college student move and discovered that I am already fitter (is that a word?) than I was when I began just by doing daily exercising as I didn't get out of breath moving things.  I also discovered that I have no upper body strength (looking forward to that exercise tomorrow!).  

I found that Noodles & Company serves organic meats making it a smart choice for dinner out!  And if I am going to get 3 fruits a day, I must have one at each meal.  I know that sounds like a simple thought, but for me it took a while.  My proudest moment today came when we were out to dinner.  I ordered the asparagus as a side to get enough vegetables.  They came with this lovely feta and bacon on them.  So I scraped off the lovely feta and bacon and gave it to my college student, enjoying the asparagus without the extras.  Growth, baby!

When I set goals, writing them down, I move forward to achieving them.

That's why I set a new goal every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment