Monday, June 10, 2013

Challenge Day 3 - part 2

So let's talk about crunches.  I got up in the morning and started... after 5, I took a break and tried another 5 later.  And then the day moved along...

Fast forward to the evening, I posted about my successful day and was moving towards a shower and bed when I got an inspiring text from my workout buddy - she'd done 100 crunches.  Well, who am I to not try some more crunches.  I got down on the floor and started, cruising past 10, past 20, past 30.  But at 32, I got the worst, I mean the absolutely worst pain (think 0 to 10 pain scale and it was a 10!) in my abdomen.  As I lay there writhing on the ground, moaning, my sweet husband offered to help me up.  No, let me just lay here and work this out.  So, needless to say, I was done with crunches.

(and now the post script to the story)
When I crawled into bed, freshly showered, my husband said that I must be a complete klutz if I can get a cramp like that by just laying on the floor.  WHAT!  I WAS DOING CRUNCHES!  "Oh.  Well.  That makes more sense," says my witty guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment