Thursday, June 20, 2013

Challenge Day 10 (Tuesday)

"Why are you so whiny?  You aren't usually so whiny?" Words of love from a sister of my heart in response to me complaining (again) about my Cleanse.  Choked it down, but boy was I feeling icky when it was done.    Feeling icky, AGAIN.  Like every other day I had taken it.  Thanks for the love, sister.

Then it was off to the gym to meet my buddy for more 5K training.  We've got a date and a plan and we gotta get ready!  Then, I discovered something while walking around looking stupid in the machine area:  There are machines for DUMMIES.  Like me.  A very nice trainer guy explained how one worked and then I noticed that among all of the machines, there were more like this one, that had directions for dummies on them.  Not all of the machines, just some of them.  I have knowledge, it will make me powerful.  He also wanted to sell me a test (and 3 months of nutrition and exercise plans) to help me work out at my OPTIMUM.  Not for $313.  Sorry, for that I can go to see my mom.  Then I got on the scale.  Perhaps, I should spend the money cause I'm not seeing it on the scale.

My Buddy reminded me that I do feel better, and that it may be another week or two before I really see the results.  She got that from someone else, and she's feeling just like me.  Ahhhh, we're in the same boat.  And we are going to keep on, keepin' on!  In fact, when I headed out for FroYo and Bingo (yes at the same place), I chose a healthy sorbet with fruit... all fruit on top.  No whipped cream, no hot fudge.  I gotta tell you, it was really good.

Affirmation:   I love to read and learn. Last year I read 64 books and I'm on book 30 for this year. I read trashy romance and a lot of biography/autobiography because you can learn from others. Best book this year: Carry On, Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton.

No comments:

Post a Comment