Sunday, June 16, 2013

Challenge Day 6 (Wednesday)

An all-time low point score.  No exercise.  Didn't finish my water.  Ate after 8 pm which basically means I lost 2 points because it was a snack.  I drank other than water therefore not enough water.

I am a stress eater.  I packed my suitcases preparing to evacuate if necessary.  I watched the news and read Facebook and worried and worried and worried. I snuggled my worried child and ate.

I need to defeat the stress eater inside my soul.  So I am turning toward the scripture and memorizing my quote:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be.  You are a child of God.  Your playing small does not serve the world.  There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you.  We are all meant to shine, as children do.  We were born to make manifest the glory of God that  is within us.  It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.  As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. - Marianne Williamson.

I wasn't sure, as I learned this quote, if I truly believed it.  And in order to memorize something, it needs to make sense to me.  I need to see the order of it.  So I Googled Marianne Williamson and learned that she is an acclaimed author.  Nice.  I also read this quote,
"In December 2006, a NEWSWEEK magazine poll named Marianne Williamson one of the fifty most influential baby boomers. According to Time magazine, "Yoga, the Cabala and Marianne Williamson have been taken up by those seeking a relationship with God that is not strictly tethered to Christianity."

See, my relationship with God is tethered to my Catholicism.  And although I mostly agree with the intent of the thought behind this quote, I don't agree "playing small does not serve the world" and perhaps that stems from my upbringing.  I don't need accolades or applause.  I serve my schools, my church, my community for ME and if someone else needs the credit, who am I to not serve them by giving it to them.  I live by example and wouldn't that then teach them not to take credit for others, but rather to give credit to others.  So I am working on it.  It is a far better thing to think about than the crisis in my community.




No comments:

Post a Comment