Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Why Getting on a Scale is GOOD...

It refocuses us.  It gives a dose of reality.  It is sometimes a slap in the face.  Hopefully, mostly, though, it is a reason to celebrate.  I got back on the scale for the first time in 2 weeks.  And I'm up a couple pounds.  DUH.  I mean, birthday, birthday, birthday celebrations.  And beer, wine, sangria, margaritas (oh those margaritas!).  Cake for this; cake for that.  Dinner out.  Party here.  Party there.  That's pretty much been the last two weeks.   And I am scraping the bottom of my shake bins thinking... well I don't want to use it up before the new stuff arrives so I'll just eat blah, blah, blah.  USE IT UP!  The new stuff will be here before that happens... I promise.

So getting on the scale IS GOOD.  I am refocused.  There is really plenty of protein powder left and I am using it.  I am back to vitamin in the morning.  Calcium chew after dinner (mmmm! it's dessert!).  Tea sometimes, coffee sometimes, the fizzy tabs are gone.  Drinking, drinking, drinking my water - which HAS been my ONE constant.  And next week... a reason to celebrate, I am sure (if I can maintain through another weekend of dinner out, dinner out, swim meet, celebrate mom, etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment