Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Weddings can undo hard work so quickly!

So I am not down this week.  But as the title suggests I went to a wedding this weekend and they had a most amazing reception!  In addition to the fabulous cake , (and I had a piece from each tier - I shared a bite with everyone at the table and then finished it), they had 3, count em, three other desserts.  Which I had.one.of.each.  And I had the salad.  And the tomatoes covered in feta and a lovely vinaigrette.  And some bread.  And a beer.  Then another.  And chicken picatta.  And mashed potatoes.  And green beans in brown butter with some kinda nuts.  And finished is all off with a slice of beef from the carving station covered in horseradish sauce.  Yes, I had ONE OF EVERYTHING.  One glass of champagne to finish the evening.  Though I feel compelled to add that my hubby drank half my second beer. 

SO, I got back on the healthy horse this week and I will be riding it to next week's weigh-in.  Especially now that we've survived another (minor) crisis in the home and I'm not stress eating.

I DO WANT TO SAY ONE MORE THING ABOUT THE CHEWS - THEY DON'T MELT.   I left them in my car so when I am getting the cravings to eat out, I grab one of those instead.  It had been hot.  It didn't stick to the wrapper or my fingers.  It was lovely as I was fearing the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment